Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat




This year we went to a Halloween party at a friends house and the went trick or treating in their neck of the woods. Shawn and I even wore costumes - the first time since before we were married! Shawn was a crashed mountain biker complete with brains and blood oozing from the stick that was impaled through his head and a broken collar bone coming out of his jersey. The kids seemed to enjoy the gore - I think it helped that they painted on the blood for him. I was Mrs. Ratt with rats pinned in my hair and crawling up my clothes. For some reason Ellen was uber-shy around the camera so I didn't get a photo of her in her Thumbelina costume. Great party, Mallory! Thanks for having us!!!

1 comment:

jeanne said...

OMG! Darling, darling, darling! I am concerned about Shawn though - I mean, how gross can one get? Stick out of the head???? I do recall seeing him in bad shape a few times after spills on the bike so he really was in character! And Laura, rats?? Are both of you trying to scare the kids to death??? Great ideas! Jeanne