Saturday, October 3, 2009

MS Bike to the Bay



I decided to start road riding this year so Shawn found a good used road bike on Craig's List last spring and I started training with my Moms In Motion team for the 75 mile MS Bike to the Bay. After months of anxiety ridden rides, a lonely crash thanks to wet railroad tracks and I'll admit, some fun training rides at the end, I geared up for the big day. Shawn was quick to prep me for what could possibly be "the worst day of my life" but I got up bright and early on Saturday and drove down to Dover for the start of the ride, with PowerBars in hand. I rode with a couple who were on my MIM team and had a very fun (gasp!) ride! It wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought although 5+ hours on a bike seat is not something your butt thanks you for! At the end of the race I met up with the Air Liquide team (Shawn's work) and managed to get in on their victory photo. Thank you so much to Phyllis and Jim, the Lopshire-Bratts and the Gibbs for your generous donations in helping my meet my fundraising goal, to Matt for all the training and advice and to Shawn for watching the kids so I could ride and for maintaining my bike!!!

No comments: