Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I did most of the cooking myself with my mom, Jenny and Ellen as my sous chefs. We had a fresh, organic turkey that I ordered from a farm nearby and then the usual mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry chutney, corn pudding, peas and salad. Of course, we also had pumpkin and apple pie. We sat at our beautiful new dining room table with the new drapes my mom made for us up. It was great fun and very tasty!

We had a french family over for their first thanksgiving. They had a little girl named Mona who was Anais's age. The 3 girls got along very well and played with the couch cushions most of the afternoon - a game only allowed on Thanksgiving :-) Barbara, Mona's mother, is 9 months pregnant and actually due this week. Course, given that she is french, she looked the way I did at 4 months with the twins! It was nice to sit around the table and talk about the differences in the countries and cultures - health care being a big topic of discussion. Some day we'll figure it out here - I just hope it's in my lifetime!

Ellen was very excited about the Turkey and helped my do the basting. She couldn't wait to eat it and "gobbled" up the turkey leg as soon as she could get her hands on it. Then for the rest of the meal she couldn't wait for the pumpkin pie and promptly ate a piece of that as soon as she could.

No comments: