Sunday, July 26, 2009

Girls-only Camping Trip






I've been bugging Shawn to go camping for the last year but because the boys are a bit too young - and too uncontrollable, he has been against it. I then had the idea to just take the girls and asked my friend Katrina who has a daughter the same age as Anais and is an experienced camper to join me. She was game so we picked a weekend, organized the gear and food and headed down to the Delaware coast to camp at a State Park near the beach. Although exhausted by the end, I felt the girl-power flowing as we set up and took down camp, dealt with the occasional 4 year old tantrum and enjoyed beachcombing. We found horseshoe crabs, a dead fish and sand crab :-) and climbed to the top of a "princess"/WW2 military tower. Ellen and Anais seemed to really enjoy themselves and keep asking when we are going again.

No comments: