Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Day




We had a little bit of snow - and a lot of ice - so school was cancelled and I had the 4 kids for the day. Having grown up in Northern Wisc where a snow day meant piles of fresh white snow several feet deep I figured the kids were in for some fun making snowmen, snow angels, etc. So I bundled the kids up in their snow pants, mittens, hats and boots and off we went. Anais, being wise beyond her 3 years, opted to stay inside and watch Barbie and the Island Princess. I pushed the other 3 out the door only to find about 6 inches of slush on the driveway, a steady misting of freezing rain and about 3 inches of crunchy ice coated snow. Needless to say, Dylan was not happy! I ended up carrying him most of the 10 minutes we were out. Nicolas and Ellen, however, enjoyed themselves. Poor Nic was a bit overwhelmed by his coat and pants. He would bend over to pick up a "chunk" of snow/ice and would end up headfirst in the snow. It was very cute and thankfully did not put him off. In fact I helped him back up to standing several times.

1 comment:

jeanne said...

How funny - I have pictures of Dave doing the same - crying because his feet kept slipping out from under him. Poor Doug was trying so hard to keep Dave happy so we wouldn't have to leave!