Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!




We had a nice Father's Day here although Shawn still managed to mow the lawn in the heat of the day, make a delicious Jambalaya for dinner and watch the kiddies so I could go for a bike ride in the morning. Next time I complain about the hype around Mother's Day, you'll have to remind me that Shawn gets the same treatment on "his" day. I did make brunch and a cherry tart for after dinner :-) But apparently it's the poor children that get the shortest end of the stick. Ellen was helping me with the tart and very thoughtfully said "So today is Father's Day and there is Mother's Day. When is Kid's Day?" I told her everyday but she didn't buy it. Then Jenny told us that in fact June 1st is Kid's Day in Germany. The kid's didn't even get their day! Oh, the injustice!!!

No comments: