Friday, May 23, 2008

Something terribly wrong...


There is something terribly wrong with the universe tonight. Ellen asked for "trees" for her bed-time snack. Of course neither Shawn nor I knew what she was talking about. I thought it was the plastic trees from Anais's Diego cake and that she wanted them on one of the left-over pieces of cake since cake, cookies or ice cream are usually requested. After a bit of frustration on everyones part, we finally figured out she meant broccoli which I luckily had in the fridge. To top it off, when she caught me putting a bit of butter on it sweeten the taste, she got very upset and said she didn't want any of that icky stuff on it. Now, this is probably the 2nd time she has had broccoli in her life (not counting when she was a baby and I could force feed her :-) so I'm sure tomorrow she'll wake up, the stars will be back in order, and she'll ask for ice cream for breakfast because "that's all she can think about!"

1 comment:

Andrew Irving said...

I wish I could sometimes have broccoli for a snack! The Bretons are not big fans of the vegetables (they haven't yet caught up with the real Brits who finally have turned the page towards better eating). But this just goes to show ya, the broccoli is always greener on the other side of the Atlantic!